Glasses have never been so chic and stylish. Gone are the days of the geeky “four-eyes” associations! Celebrities have been seen embracing the look on and off duty, using them to create their own style statement. In fact female celebs have never looked hotter with reading glasses, they seem to enhance their sex appeal!
Scarlett Johansson and Leona Lewis favor geek-chic Ray Ban glasses while Jennifer Anniston prefers frames that are a little more subtle and work with her colouring. Either way chunkier frames seem to be the current trend of the moment.
If you are indeed a glasses wearer it’s worth taking the time to pick out the right frames. You will probably find you need more than one pair, perhaps one for work and a more fun or quirky style for weekends. When considering the best choice for you, it’s important to factor in your wardrobe, face shape and colouring.
Here are our tips:
- Make sure the frames follow your eyebrow rather than covering it, the bottom rim should be near the the bone surrounding the eye socket but should not sit on the cheek.
- Also make sure the width of the frames are in line with the width of your face.
- Consider your overall body scale and proportions, for example a petite person with a small face would suit lighter more delicate styles, whereas someone with a larger build can get away with chunkier frames.
- Someone with a round face should choose oval or almond shaped frames and avoid round frames which will make the face appear fuller.
- Oval frames and frames with rounded edges will soften a more angular facial outline.
- A long nose can be made appear shorter by choosing styles with a low bridge, whereas a clear bridge will lengthen the nose.
- Long faces can add width to the face by choosing glasses with more depth and wider or contrasting temples.
- Oval faces can wear almost any style.